My Small Kucing Blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Sneak Peek to My Library

It's unbelievable. I have not been posting here for nearly half a year. I have been busy with house moving. That was followed by year end holidays and the back to school rush.

Today have a bit of time and here is the sneak peek of the library. It's "work-in-progress".  Things are still pretty messy. Not easy to arrange over 2000 books and  at the same time feed my reading addiction.

 Finally, my pride and joy can be "released" from their jail. I do love Arthur Hailey's books very much.

 Some "light" reading to cheer me up after some depressing books.

 Who doesn't have or have not read a Dan Brown book? 

Another pride and joy. Books by a Malaysian author. Only books missing is Nanyang. It's really great to read about time before Malaysia is formed.


 My near completion of Sue Grafton alphabets series.

 Another terrific series by a talented author, Shamini Flint. The topic she touched in her books are controversial and one will appreciate it more if ones have some knowledge of history and political background on each of the country touched

 These are the "golden oldies" . My reads when I was in Primary school.

 Took quite long for me to save up my pocket monies back then to buy each book. Hopefully, one day my son will read them to improve his Bahasa Malaysia language. But then now am not sure that it will do as Bahasa Malaysia have evolved quite a lot since my days in school. 



 I bet everyone who is a keen reader would have come across or heard of Pearl S. Buck "The Good Earth "  at one time or another. But have you heard of the other titles?

Some of the older books here were trash to others while it's a treasure for me.

 Ho! Ho! Ho!...hands up who likes Harry Potter series.

Another of my addiction...Isaac Asimov series. Thanks to Thomas Heng who first introduced books from this author to me.

Well, guess it's back to work now. Will post up more reviews when I have the time.

11 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Thank you for deciding to visit Fiction Books this week. I love meeting new people, so your visits will always be welcome and your comments always appreciated.

    Like you, I have quite a large library of 'real' books (1,000 - 2,000), as well as the 500 electronic books on my Kindle.

    I often sit and just look at all the books lined up on the shelves, it is somehow very relaxing and therapeutic. I do love to handle books and can't pass a bookshop or secondhand store, without popping inside for a quick look!

    Like yourself, I also have very eclectic tastes in my reading genres, although I have never really got into the Harry Potter series.

    I hope that you can find the time to stop by and publish a blog post more often in the future.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Yvonne.

      It's nice to find someone who is as addicted to books and I am.

      Yeah I do understand what you are getting at. The smell of the old and new books...It's just so "wow. Me too can't walk pass a bookstore without a glance or a peek at what titles they are having on their shelves

      Delete
  2. Good morning,
    Wow 2000 books! what a great collection. I wish I had kept all my "old"story books too... those Enid Blyton and our school literature books too... Thanks for sharing this private collection... will check out your recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The numbers of books on my shelves kept increasing and yet I still keep on buying. Weird addiction ya. People shops for clothing but me...books

      Delete
  3. Good morning,
    i can understand that addiction ... which we both share.... rather buy books than clothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too ya? What genre do you like? Me like to read stories about Asia

      Delete
  4. I have not read any of Dan Brown books yet. Don't throw bricks at me, haha xD. I only have book #3 I guess, in the Robert Langdon series. The Lost Symbol. Will read them once I get my hand on the rest of the books in the series, or at least the first book. Great collection. Sooo many books! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...nah wont do that....Throw books at you can? *joking*

      Anyway, for me The Lost Symbol not that good. Probably coz my Maths is bad. In the story there are a lot of Math "thingy". Don;t really understand what it was about. But I "heart" his earlier works .

      Delete
    2. Can can can! I like getting books no matter how it's handed to me, hahaha xD.

      What? Maths? I think I'm gonna leave that book in some dark corner in my house, lol! I'm the biggest fool when it comes to Maths, Idk, I just can't. My brain doesn't handle anything with numbers very well haha.

      Delete
  5. WOW, I love nothing more than seeing pictures of people's book collections. I really need to do a post like this over at mine! It is nice to see we have read a few of the same titles!

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog. You have quite a book collection here! I see a number of books I've read, including the Sue Grafton alphabet series.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Do drop a comment if you have feel like it.

Meantime, happy reading and have a nice day!