My Small Kucing Blog

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Subang Jaya Book Exchange Programme at USJ2

I bought a lot of books from various warehouse sale and bookstores. Of all the books that I bought there will sure be some which I feel does not suit me. But to dump them into recycle bin where they would be turn into pulp, makes my heartache. 

That was till a friend told me about Subang Jaya Book Exchange Programme. It was quite some time ago. I went there first time and I like the concept very much. And since then I would try to go whenever I have the chance.

Here is the brief "synopsis" (LOL- are you laughing?) from their facebook

"The Subang Jaya Book Exchange Programme is a community project by a group of residents from Subang Jaya & USJ for all book lovers and avid readers in our community.

How do you participate?

1) Bring a book to donate.
2) Choose a book to bring home.

You give, you take. Everyone reads!

We are doing this
1) to exchange and share books we have read and thus, getting to know the people living in our own community.
2) to promote the reading habit among Subang Jaya folk.

The book exchange is open to everybody, not just Subang Jaya residents. Please help us spread the word to your friends and family!"
 
Sounds pretty good right?
 

Two weeks ago I went there again. As I was leaving, someone dropped a whole load of treasure to the exchange.

I can't believe my eyes when I Pearl S Buck's book titled "Sons" was in the pile. Did you know that The Good Earth is actually a Trilogy? Yes? No? Well, "Sons" is book II of the trilogy. Now I just need to get A House Divided to complete my collection. Too bad the person only have The Good Earth and Sons.

Spotted also "Kinfolk", supposed to be one of her more modern book.
  
 Have glance through it. Should be good read for me.

 This is a treasure for me as it's not easy to get books like this any more. Are they even still in print?


 Aha...should be an interesting reads



 I have read his books when I was a teen and liked it very much.



Ahem...this book should be interesting and I don't think that it would be peppered with four letters words like modern novels nowadays.

Please don;t get me wrong. The books at Subang Jaya Book Exchange Programme are not all "old" books like this. They have modern books like Jeffrey Deaver, Madeline Wickham, John Grisham, Jeffrey Archer and books from others authors too.

Do drop by SJBEP when you have the time but if you are staying too far away , why not try setting up similar book exchange programme at your community? It might be fun !




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Do drop a comment if you have feel like it.

Meantime, happy reading and have a nice day!