My Small Kucing Blog

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Marshmallows for Breakfast by Dorothy Koomson

Summary:

Kendra Tamale returns from Australia to England with some heavy emotional burdens. A baggage that she carried with her after a crushing blow that she received in Australia.

Unknown to her, she is going to be dragged into bigger family conflict when she rented a room from Kyle who is a separated father of a set of  adorable twins. Although Kendra aimed to hold them all at arms lenght but the twins, Summer and Jaxon, managed to worm their way into her heart. They had "adopted" Kendra as their new mother.

Kendra was "surviving" from day to day but then she bumped into the man who shares her terrible secret. Would she be able to survive the confrontation or will her world come crashing down?

My comments:

I have at a whim bought three of Dorothy Koomson books from BookXcess. Of the three, I love this one best.

What I like the most about this book is none of the characters in the book is perfect. Each have their own weakness and burden that they tried to hide. The author managed to slowly reveal them.

In the beginning I thought Kendra was brave and strong from the way she confront Kyle about the kids and his actions but in truth, she was hiding something too.

As for Kyle, I thought he was a total loser but things are not what it seems to be.

Am giving this book four stars out of five as I felt the ending would have been more agreeable if it's not left open ended in some parts. But that, I guess this is what makes the book so perfect. The imperfection. Confusing. Well, a great weekend ahead to you out there!

2 comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Do drop a comment if you have feel like it.

Meantime, happy reading and have a nice day!