My Small Kucing Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom

Many thanks to Chen Chzan who lend me this book when she got to know that I have yet to read this.

The story is about Eddie, an 83 years old war veteran who passed away on his 83rd birthday. He died while trying to save a little girl.

He was lonely at the time of his death and there were some unresolved questions that he can't seems to understand and solve.

When he passed on, his spirit awaken supposedly in "heaven". Heaven was not a place which he had imagined. He was "meet" with a person that he got to know during his life time.

This person explained to him how their life was connected and how a single decision changed the path of each person life. Eddie was told that there will be 5 people which he will meet in heaven who will explain his life to him.

This is an interesting book. It's interesting to read as the story of Eddie's life unfold and to see that he gone from one stage to another stage of life.

I feel that there is something lacking in this book if I compared it with Tuesday With Morrie and For One More Day. However, I can't pin point what is lacking. If I have read this book before I read the other two, I would say this book is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Do drop a comment if you have feel like it.

Meantime, happy reading and have a nice day!