My Small Kucing Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) by Suzanne Collins



synopsis from www.goodreads.com

Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with everyone out to make sure you don't live to see the morning?

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts.

The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister’s place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love

My Comments

I have waited to read The Hunger Games series for so long. Finally found a friend who is willing to lend her copies to me.

Heard that they have it at The Big Bad Wolf Sale last year but I must have missed that. Maybe it was grabbed by fans in the blink of an eye?

Okay, okay...readers out there(if any) must have been bored with me rantig about BBWS. But I can't help it as it's just the biggest books sale in the year. I can't afford full priced books at the rate that am "consuming" books. My best option would be BBWS. For less than RM10, I get my "drug".

Anyway, back to the story here. From various reviews and comments, I gather that ones would either love this series or hate it .

When I heard that this book is like Survivor games type of books where kids were pit against each other till death, I felt sick. I was sure I would hate this book. And yet I just had to read it for myself before passing judgement.

It had it gory moments but over all I think it is well written and that the author obviously trying to inject some sanity in the story despite having to write scene where the kids kills each other.

My most moving moments was what Katniss did for Rue and what Rue did for Katniss. Though they are supposed to be enermy but they still retain some form of humanity.

I am giving it 5 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Do drop a comment if you have feel like it.

Meantime, happy reading and have a nice day!