My Small Kucing Blog

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Fame by Tilly Bagshawe

Synopsis by www.goodreads.com

This is not 'celebrity.'
This is the real deal.
This is Fame.

The raw, sexual beauty of Sabrina Leon demands the attention of all who come into contact with her. Plucked from obscurity at the age of seventeen she's the new darling of the film scene, bagging lead roles in the hottest blockbusters. But Sabrina Leon has a problem. There's a youtube sensation on the web that's set to destroy everything she's fought for…

Hotshot movie producer Dorian Razmirez has struggles of his own. A bitter feud with rival producer and playboy, Harry Greene, has resulted in the plug being pulled on every project he goes near. Casting the disgraced Hollywood diva Sabrina Leon in Wuthering Heights is a risk that might cost him what remains of his career.

Viorel Hudson, with his jet-black hair, high, slanting cheekbones and smooth, coffee coloured skin, was always destined for great things. Now he's scored a role that every A-lister in Hollywood auditioned for – Heathcliff in Dorian Razmirez's Wuthering Heights. He may be at the height of his career, but is he ready for his latest role? For a five million pound pay cheque, it's a risk he's willing to take.

Set against a backdrop of a sumptuous crumbling English country house, the film-set of Wuthering Heights is going to be as salacious as the setting is beautiful


My Comments :-

I have fell in love with Tilly Bagshawe's works since the first book of hers that I've read.

As far as I've noticed, she writes two type of books. One is suspense and the other, chick-lit type of romance.  This book is from the latter category.

What I love about this book is that it is so tantalising. Certainly a page turner. All the characters are so "alive".

Among all the characters, I was rooting for Sabrina and Tish the most.

I can't help feeling sad for Sabrina for the harassment that she faced. And at times I feel like shaking her to make her shut up and stop mouthing off at the paparazzi. However, I feel that there is still room for improvement on the part where Sabrina switches her attention from one lover to another. That part especially near the ending was not that convincingly done.

As for Tish, I was hoping the author would kill off her good for nothing brother, Jago. Love her little boy Abel.

I don't really like the hero Viorel. It seems to me he is in the book just to spice it up with sex appeal.

Despite everything, this is still a very thrilling reads for me.

I rate it 4 stars out of 5.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure my sister has just bought a copy of this only I don't recognise this particular cover ...... perhaps its one of those books that had a different cover depending on the market.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Do drop a comment if you have feel like it.

Meantime, happy reading and have a nice day!