My Small Kucing Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

Theodore Boone by John Grisham


News Flash!!

Just saw BIG BAD WOLF BOOKS' Facebook that the BBWS is coming in OCTOBER 2011
*********************************************************************************




For those who know me personally, they would know that I have a love and hate relation with John Grisham books. Some I love to death. Some I would condemn.

When I spotted this in BookXcess, I was wondering if I should buy it or not.

The story is about Theodore Boone, whose parents are lawyers and he is inspired to be a lawyer and maybe some day a judge.

Theo is not your typical boy. Although he is only 13 years old, he knows everyone in the Court from the Judges, Policemen and the court clerks. He know tonnes about the law and frequently help his schoolmates with their family's legal problem.

And this is how he become entangled into the most sensational murder trial a Strattenburg. He is the only one who knows that a murderer is going to walk out of the Court a freeman. He knows that the man is guilty. The stakes are high and he won't stop till justice is served.

I enjoyed reading this book a lot. It's a refreshing book written through the point of view of a 13 year old kid, although I must say that this kid does seems to be mature for his age. It's not impossible as nowadays kids seems to grow up very fast.

The suspense kept me up at night.It's full of suspense. For me it's something fresh and suit kids and adult from the age 12 onwards. 

Stories like this make me want to look into classes at CSI schools or get an exciting JD degree and bring criminals to justice.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Girly!
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and being such a dedicated reader! It's wonderful to know how so many enjoy my blog! There are days that I am not even sure what to write but I try! :)

    Have a wonderful Day!
    Kirsten
    http://www.theemtmommy.com
    http://www.kirstiesbowtique.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your blog. It's s witty

    ReplyDelete
  3. read this book recently. it wasn't a bad read but i won't read another theodore boone book. i prefer his adult legal thrillers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nylusmilk

    something fresh ascompared to his adult books. Now his adult thrillers seems to be lacking of the drive that he used ti have when he wrote The Pelican Brief,The Firm and etc

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Do drop a comment if you have feel like it.

Meantime, happy reading and have a nice day!