My Small Kucing Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

Book Blogger Hop: 1/14-1/17 hosted by Crazy For Books

Book Blogger Hop

"Why do you read the genre that you do? What draws you to it?"

My answer : I read almost every genre. It depends on my mood. Sometimes, when I feel down and need some perfect pick me up, I would go for Chit Lit or some romance.

But I like the most is memoir type of books like The Last Eunuch of China.

Sometimes, I get recommendation on a certain author too like Jodi Picoult books. My sister-in-law introduced her books to me.  There is a certain ironic kind of sadness in Jodi's books.

But what fascinate me the most is the Foundation Series written by Isaac Asimov. His vast imagination really attracts me. When the books were written, we don't have the technology that he described in his books yet. Even now, we have yet to have it all yet.

Many have praise the work of Terry Pratchett. I have tried reading it but it just doesn't "click" with my brain.

I guess, to sums it up ..I read depending on mood and whether the author's writing style suits me or not.

1 comment:

  1. I read a few different genres as well, and it does depend on the mood I'm in as well. I'm also trying to read more genres I wouldn't usually choose. I might be missing out on some good stuff!

    Here's my hop

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Do drop a comment if you have feel like it.

Meantime, happy reading and have a nice day!