My Small Kucing Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain


Summary :

Tara, Emerson and Noelle are three good friends for many years. They thought they knew each other inside out. Noelle was a midwive and had helped them to deliver their babies into this world. They thought they have no secret among themselves.

Things suddenly come to a halt when Noelle committed suicide . Among her things a letter was found in which she wrote with great regret to a woman named Anna.

Unknown of the terrible consequences that would befall them, Tara and Emerson seek to find out who is this mysterious Anna. he revelation of the secret would change their life forever.

My Comments:

Happy New Year everyone. I have been missing from this blog for a few weeks. Yup...covered myself with the loads of books which I bought from The Big Bad WOlf Books Sale last year. I went 4 times. Can't get enough of it.

I was super hyper when I found four Diane Chamberlain books at the sale. I feel in love with the work of this author since I read her first book which I pick up from Subang Jaya Book Exchange Programme.

This book have been a delightful read. There are surprises at every corner . Don't expect a straight forward tale. Some parts are far fetched but it was enjoyable all the same

Only one thing that deter me from ranking it as five stars is the suicide scene where Noelle was found. It was written "her hands folded across her rib cage, still and quiet as though she were meditating....." .

Sound pretty impossible to me for someone to lay there and die "peacefully" after swallowing a bunch of pills. Usually human body when encountered with overdose, it will tend to try to regurgitate the poison out. There would have been traces of vomit or at the very least her hands won't be like she was meditating.


Anyway, it's still a good read for me.

I had finished the other 3 books too and they were just as good if not better than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Do drop a comment if you have feel like it.

Meantime, happy reading and have a nice day!