My Small Kucing Blog

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Green, Matthew Dicks



Summary at goodreads.com

Budo is Max's imaginary friend. But though only Max can see him, he is real. 

He and the other imaginary friends watch over their children until the day comes that the child stops imagining them. And then they're gone. Budo has lasted a lot longer than most imaginary friends - four years - because Max needs him more. 

His parents argue about sending him to a special school. But Max is perfectly happy if everything is just kept the way it is, and nothing out of the ordinary happens. Unfortunately, something out of the ordinary is going to happen - and then he'll need Budo more than ever...

My Comments:

If I were to judge a book by it covers, I think I would not pick up this book. For me, the cover did not stand out. But I end up putting this book in my trolley back at the last Big Bad Wolf Book Sale because the word "Jodi Picoult" . Yup...she praised this book.,

After I came home, I put this book aside as I have plenty of others to read. Don;t know when I would come to read this book. But thanks to a friend, Yoong, who contacted me and said she is reading this book. Asked me to look out for it. That was when I recalled seeing this book but was unsure whether I bought it or not.

Finally found it among my tonnes of books. Read it and I must say I love it very much.

The book have the innocent of a child and yet was thrilling and moving enough to make me wish things could have been fairer.

It was heart warming to see the things that Budo done for Max.

I think this is a good read for readers as young as 10 years old to 80 years old. Each would find something that remind them of their life in this book. It's hard for me to describe the feeling. Maybe when you read it the you will know.

I am giving this book full marks.

2 comments:

  1. actually, the cover and title of the book prompted me to buy it haha. though i didn't keep it, i too agree it was a pretty good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a good review. now i want to read it! didn't saw it while at the bbwbs last year (or i might bought it too since 'jodi piccoult' is such an influence). will look for it at the aftermath book sale! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Do drop a comment if you have feel like it.

Meantime, happy reading and have a nice day!