My Small Kucing Blog

Monday, August 27, 2012

Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner


Summary

Kate Klein's husband decided to move the family to live in suburbia after Kate have been "Pram snatched". The city had become to dangerous for them.

In the beginning , life in suburbia was "calm" and peaceful. Nothing much happen there. Days have became routine to Kate. Her husband started working late and they seldom have time to talk.

The classy supermoms at the playground had snubbed Kate. Only one mom, Kitty Cavanaugh, had show some indication of friendship towards Kate.

Unfortunately, this friendship did not last as Kate walked in and found Kitty dead. Murdered. With the help of her best friend, Janie, and her former lover, Evan, she started to investigate the murder. The more she dug, the more "surprises" were uncovered. Life in suburbia is not more deadly than of in the city.

Comments:

This is the second Jennifer Weiner's books that I have read. The first one, "Best Friends Forever" was ordinary in my opinion. Hence I did not have high expectation of this one.

However, I was pleasantly surprised by it. The story was easy to read and page turning for me.

I don't really love the main character, Kate, as she came across to me as someone who is of low confidence of herself and that does not endear her to me. I love the most if her best friend Janie. She lighten up the story as she is bold, spritey and very much in control of every situations except when it comes to kids. That part really left me laughing all over.

What I did not like about the book is the love triangle between Kate, Evan and Kate's husband. It was a bit of a turn off when the author throw in story about Kate and her husband when I was excited to know who is the murderer.

Overall this have been a good read for me. Got it cheap too at RM9-90 plus and extra 10% discount for purchase of RM150 and above. Not bad, not bad....looking forward to more of Jennifer Weiner's books.



1 comment:

  1. I knew I knew that name - I also read and reviewed Best Friends Forever some time ago.

    Anyway,

    Perhaps a book I'd pick up at the library, I'm not sure I'd actually want to buy this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Do drop a comment if you have feel like it.

Meantime, happy reading and have a nice day!