My Small Kucing Blog

Monday, September 3, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades #1) by E.L. James


Synopsis from Goodreads.com


A book that started out as a simple Twilight fan fiction, but then turned into a bestseller phenomena on its own.

When literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly, innocent Ana is startled to realize she wants this man and, despite his enigmatic reserve, finds she is desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms.

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey’s singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success—his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving family—Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian Grey’s secrets and explores her own dark desires.

Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever.

This book contains graphic sexual content and profanity and is intended for mature, adult audiences.


My Comments :

I received this book from a friend. I was curious why this book  have such a larger following. Hence I had a had high expectation on book.

Unfortunately, I have to say this is not the book for me. I had a hard time finishing this book as I did not like it much. Although I read the reviews stating that it's mild BDSM, I found that it's pretty sickening.

Anastasia Steele character seem to be weak and lack of depth. At one part Anastasia is portray as a down to earth sort of girl and at another, she was portray as wanton.

Not much "story" in this book. Mostly it revolves around sex and more sex. After some time, the sex scene gets to be a bit boring and  repetitious.

I don't usually give negative review. However, this is my personal opinion about this book.

However, please don't let my opinion stop you buying this book. Many people have love this book. Reading material is similar to food. Each person have their own opinion in reading material .

2 comments:

  1. Alas not a book that I anticipate reading though my readers group is pretty eager to do so.

    A great review, its interesting to know your thoughts on this one. Tomorrow on my blog I'll be looking at a group that want us to take drastic action with this book, I'd love to know your thoughts on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprisingly, I was kinda repulsed with this book too. I feel that there is no strong plot, and sex was overly used. I know this is supposed to be an erotica, and sex is the theme, but den again...>.< the scenes are somewhat yuckie. I'm better off reading the Iron Fey series, or Twilight Saga itself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Do drop a comment if you have feel like it.

Meantime, happy reading and have a nice day!