My Small Kucing Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Iron Fey Series : Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa


Brief description of the book.

This is the last book of the series. Concentrate mainly on Prince Ash.

When he was a Prince in the Winter Court, any show of emotions or feelings is consider to be a show of weakness. Hence, he had to build a barricade around himself. And when his beloved wife died, its was like his heart had died. He only live for revenge.

That is until a girl, a half faery princess and half mortal, Meghan Chase, came into his life. She melted the ice around his heart and he starts to feel again.

However, destiny prevented their union.

In order for him to be re-united with Meghan Chase, he had to give up his immortality and to gain a Soul as all Faery does not have a soul.

This is his quest.

My Comment :

Although this book is not as emotional as the third book, and yet I enjoyed it very much. I love the light banter between Puck, Grimalkin and not forgetting The Big Bad Wolf. For we wouldn't want him to be forgotten and end up as a citizen of Phaed, would we?

As for Prince Ash, I don't think that he was that outstanding in this book but we do get a lot of insight on what he feels and things like that. I feel that he was being overshadowed by the supporting characters.

The part I enjoyed the most is when the came to the Temple and they have to go through a series of challenges.

I would like to comment that the author did a very good job in writing the part where Ash had to go through a series of test in order to become human. That part reminds me of the Chinese Story "Journey To The West" where the Monk and his disciple were face with challenges of the heart, mind and soul.

At the end of the book, there is a chapter in how to survive Faeryland which I found very entertaining. I can see the author's humour there.

Also another notable part is the Interview with the Author. There were two unexpected guests as well which make the interview more "colourful".

However, am feeling a bit down too now. Finishing these 4 terrific books, it's like loosing a friend. The end of a chapter. Hopefully, I would be able get my hands on some more terrific books like these.

By the way, there are two more books to this series "Winter's Passage" and "Summer's Crossing" which I have yet to obtain. It's in the form of e-books.

2 comments:

  1. U can't get Summer's Crossing and Winter's Passage in paperback form, cuz it's not for sale. It's a free novella from the author for all the fans, downloadable at her website http://theironfey.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Do drop a comment if you have feel like it.

Meantime, happy reading and have a nice day!