My Small Kucing Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Twilight (Twilight #1) by Stephenie Meyer


Synopsis by http://www.goodreads.com/

Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Isabella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Isabella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balanced precariously on the point of a knife-between desire and danger.Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.

My comments :

I finally collected and finished this controversial series last year end. Didn't have time to post up my review till to date.

I read so many reviews about this. Some hate it some loves it I think I can see why some people love it and hate it.

Being very stingy especially after reading many negative reviews, I have decided to wait till the Big Bad Wolf Sale to purchase.

Here is what I found. I found the beginning of this book was rather slow. Too much talking about Isabella and of her day to day life. Maybe that is the intention of the author. To give readers a view of what Bella life was before Edward. After that it was Edward, Edward and more Edward.

It's not surprising as this book is aimed at young adults.

I find it rather amusing. In fact it brings back the memories of the hormone racing years.

This book have romance, suspense and even life threathening danger. I can see that why this book is a hit with many people. Forbidden fruit is the best, right?

I like the was the author play with words. She certainly have talents to play with readers emotions.

This book was not amazing but it was not as bad as I have expected it to be. In fact,  I like it well enough to continue reading the series.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Do drop a comment if you have feel like it.

Meantime, happy reading and have a nice day!